Saturday, September 21, 2013

Memories


I used to worry about going out on windy days, why?

I believed that because I was so small the wind would just pick me up and carry me far away. I was afraid of heights and of tight spaces.

 My mind wondered a lot. I was creative; I could come up with something on the spot.

And now… Now I can’t even come up with a paper to write.

 I miss the old me, I grew up too quickly.

I used to stay late nights out and listen to the wind whispers and it would pick up this rhyme and sing peacefully.

I loved hearing bedtime stories.

I worried too much also, it wasn’t just all games and fun you know?

I wanted to be taller, everyone kept growing but me.

I tried to do worse in school because I did not want others making fun of me.

Only later in life I realized that being too smart isn’t a bad thing.

I feel like now everything is flipped upside down.

When I was a child I loved school, it was my favorite place to be.

I was angry at the summer, and I couldn’t wait any longer for school to start again.

And now I HATE SCHOOL.

As a kid I experienced happiness.

But now I’m at the point where I will be trained for the rest of my life to pursue happiness.

But the past is all memories.

Time to grow up, time to be me, time to discover.  

1 comment: