Sunday, September 1, 2013

I am not a robot, I am just a human

I breathe, I live, I exist, isn’t that not enough?

You want me to dig In deeper into my mind and my soul and give you proof that I am human?! Of course I’M HUMAN!The more I grow older the more I find myself; my emotions are the first proof of my humanity.
  That first love and that first break up was the first time that I opened my eyes and told myself that it is okay to cry, it is okay to spill my heart out. I realized I needed to stop hiding behind my fake smile and just open up. I feared people; their stares in classes would give me this uncomfortable feeling, feeling of loneliness, it still does.  I worried about what “they” thought and what they said behind my back.  I thought too much, I kept creating problems for myself that weren’t there in the first place. That was the reason I closed up and gave up on trusting people; I was on my own…
  Now that I think about it I almost felt like I was a robot, alone, forgotten. I was a different kind of robot, I had a beating heart and I had a brain. Those two things made me a human! That feeling of emptiness was always with me, I felt like there was no point for me on this earth. With time I realized I was created for a reason, I am supposed to make a difference.  
  I still fear of being alone, I fear of being forgotten and being unknown.  I laugh, I cry, I dream and hope and this is the absolute proof of me being human. 
  I made and will make mistakes, I am not perfect-I will let you down, just let me be. Let me live, let me survive. MY heart still beats, I am HUMAN, and I am one of a kind.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I am not perfect-I will let you down, just let me be.

    Love this. So so good... Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want me to dig In deeper into my mind and my soul and give you proof that I am human?! Of course I’M HUMAN!

    seriously tho wtf would anyone question our humanity like was nelson actually contemplating the possibility of being a robot omg

    ReplyDelete