Sunday, September 8, 2013

I'd like my crayons back, please.


It took me my whole life to learn how to paint like a child.

– Pablo Picasso
 

 
Being a little kid is probably the greatest times of our lives, simple things mean the most of us.

The good old days when every day was an adventure:

Playing in the mud,

Attempting to make a tree house,

Making tents in your living room out of old blankets

Pretending you had an imaginary friend named Franco

Everything was an adventure.

My mind would wonder and I wished to change the world

Somehow it is unacceptable to think that way anymore

As a little child you could be anything you wanted if you wished hard enough

At least that’s what the school taught me

Every waking hour was the new beginning; sleep was not a necessity…

Spending every waking hour playing outside, rain, wind, and snow could not stop us.

And then my childhood just disappeared

It didn’t even say goodbye, just sneaked out of my life.

The saddest part it doesn’t even come to visit

I only see it in my dreams now.

It is gone… FOREVER.

1 comment:

  1. "And then my childhood just disappeared

    It didn’t even say goodbye, just sneaked out of my life.

    The saddest part it doesn’t even come to visit

    I only see it in my dreams now."

    I really liked this last part, you are a great writer.

    ReplyDelete