Sunday, October 27, 2013

I can’t even remember the last time I prayed



Feels like it was when I was just a little girl

I used to pray for God to take my nightmares away

I begged him to give me answers to my math problem

And now…

I am just scared:

“How do I pray?”

“Where do I pray?”

I wonder if I had to apologize for all these years I haven’t said a thing to him above?

I feel fragile

I kneel

Put my arms close together

And there comes nothing…

But I feel peace.

Realizing

God understands our prayers even when we can’t find the words to say them.

8 comments:

  1. "i can't even remember the last time I prayed"

    I like this a lot. it's really honest and sincere. Being open about yourself in a society like this is hard and you really showed it well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically my life right now.
    Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I don't even remember the last time I prayed."
    I dig this like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish that my prays would have been answered on which answer to choose on the ACT on Saturday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely incredible.
    Wow...
    I really needed this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete